Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jan Groshan Jan Groshan is offline

Default Envelopes Print Garbage

This seems to be the only newsgroup that gets any activity regarding Word,
so here I am. I think this is an unusual problem.

Word Version/Printer/Driver:
Microsoft Word 2007
Brother HL-7050N Printer
PCL5 Print Driver

Problem:
In order to get my Word Perfect program to print properly on my printer, I
need to use a PCL5 print driver rather than the default driver for the
printer. HOWEVER, when I make that my default printer, although Word
documets print just fine, when I try to print an envelope I get "garbage".
My work around is to change the printer every time I want to print from
Word, but that's a real drag. So....

Question:
Can I set a separate printer as the default printer for Word ? If not, are
there any suggestions so I don't have to keep changing the designated
printer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm which demonstrates how to set up
a different printer for envelopes/labels