Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KC KC is offline

Default Styles deletion

I've made a new Style and now I want to delete it permanetly - I can only
delete it in the document I'm working in, but when I start a New Document -
there's the Style again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

What version of Word are you using?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"KC" wrote in message
I've made a new Style and now I want to delete it permanetly - I can only
delete it in the document I'm working in, but when I start a New
Document -
there's the Style again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm guessing that you saved the style in your Normal template which is why
you see it when creating new documents. To delete it from your Normal
template, on the Developer tab click Document Template, and then click
Organizer at the bottom of the dialog box. Select the Styles tab (if
necessary), select your style from the "In Normal.dotm" list, and then click
Delete.

If you don't see the Developer tab, click the Office Button, click Word
Options, and in the Popular options select "Show Developer tab in the
Ribbon".

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton