Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ejay ejay is offline

Default Deleting word tool bar from email attachments

when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Is it just me or is anyone else out there saying "Huh?"

No one can see which programs you've been using by opening one of your email
attachments.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ejay" wrote in message
when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top
symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

When someone opens a Word document from an email attachment it will open in
their own Word installation and all they can see is the content of the
document you sent them. The "toolbar" you are referring to (I'm not sure
which one) would only show their programs, not yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"ejay" wrote in message
when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top
symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Is it just me or is anyone else out there saying "Huh?"

No one can see which programs you've been using by opening one of your
email attachments.

I have a strong sense of DéjÃ* vu here - I think the OP has posted this
before....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Ahhhhhh - I don't remember this elsewhere but that's okay. It was tough
enought to read once.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Is it just me or is anyone else out there saying "Huh?"

No one can see which programs you've been using by opening one of your
email attachments.

I have a strong sense of DéjÃ* vu here - I think the OP has posted this
before....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Well, a toolbar can be in, and travel with, a document.

I don't know what toolbar is being referred to and can't comment on what
what may be behind any of the buttons on it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"ejay" wrote in message
when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top
symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If the reference is to the MRU list on the File menu, however, then this
would certainly be irrelevant, as I don't think the Menu Bar can travel with
the document, and in any case I don't see how it could "remember" the MRU
list on a different computer.

"ejay" wrote in message
when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top
symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The MRU list was my thought too and "prorammes" means "files".

If there is a custom toolbar in the document I'd say the chances of it
containing information such as a list the programs you've used are slim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ejay" wrote in message
when I attach a word document to email the tool bar appears when this
is
opened by the recipient. This means that anyone can click on the top
symbol
and see what prorammes I have been in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Customizations to the Menu bar could travel with a document but you're right
that the MRU list can't.

On re-reading the original post I think we need a bit more detail.

--
Enjoy,
Tony