Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default Trouble adding rows and columns in resume template.

I got a resume template by using the search function in the MS Word
Help....I typed in "resume" and selected the "Entry level clerk resume".
Unfortunately, there are not enough tables/cells? for the work history
section of the resume. How do I copy/append more sections such as "mailroom
clerk"? Please help.

I'm using MS Word 2003.

Also, if I try to copy and paste the one page resume to a second page in the
same document, it doesn't work, but it does work if I paste the resume to a
new blank document. Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Turn on the gridlines and non-printing characters. That will make it easier
to see what's going on "in the background" and help you to figure out whaere
to add the extra rows.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sheana" wrote in message
I got a resume template by using the search function in the MS Word
Help....I typed in "resume" and selected the "Entry level clerk resume".
Unfortunately, there are not enough tables/cells? for the work history
section of the resume. How do I copy/append more sections such as
"mailroom
clerk"? Please help.

I'm using MS Word 2003.

Also, if I try to copy and paste the one page resume to a second page in
the
same document, it doesn't work, but it does work if I paste the resume to
new blank document. Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

For resume templates you might find it's easier to copy/paste the rows at
the top of the section, such as Employment History, than to try copy/paste
and add to the end of the section. This is especially true if there is an
empty column to the left of the content containing merged cells.
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs