Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Tony is offline

Default how to insert the "th on street numbers?

I'm Trying to insert the th on the street number and word doesn't have it on
the symbol box. How can I insert it or download this symbol?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to insert the "th on street numbers?

  1. To insert the "th" on street numbers in Microsoft Word, you can use the superscript feature. Here's how:
  2. Type the street number, for example, "123".
  3. Highlight the last two digits of the number, "23".
  4. Right-click on the highlighted text and select "Font" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Font" dialog box, check the box next to "Superscript" and click "OK".
  6. The last two digits will now appear smaller and raised above the rest of the number, creating the "th" effect.

    Alternatively, you can use the "Insert Symbol" feature to insert the "th" symbol. Here's how:
  7. Place your cursor where you want to insert the "th" symbol.
  8. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  9. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  10. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  11. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  12. Scroll down the list of symbols until you find the "th" symbol (it should be near the bottom).
  13. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the symbol into your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you haven't changed Word's AutoFormat As You Type settings, when you type
th after a number it will automatically be superscripted. If not, you can
superscript it manually by selecting the characters and pressing
Ctrl+Shift+= or using Format | Font | Superscript.

"Tony" wrote in message
I'm Trying to insert the th on the street number and word doesn't have it
on
the symbol box. How can I insert it or download this symbol?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you mean that you want "th" to be formatted as superscript, just select
it and press Ctrl+Shift+Plus sign. Alternatively, select the "Superscript"
option in the Font dialog box. Or click the Superscript button on the
toolbar (Word 2003) or on the Home tab (Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP