Marcus13

Default Any autoshapes I use come out as invisible i.e. no colour by defa.

When I select an autoshape e.g. arrow or square, I always have to format the
autoshape and add colour as it has no colour set as default. It hterefore
appears invisible until I do this (except for the white dots indicating where
the end points of each dot is.

Is there anywhere that the defaults can be set so the line colour is black,
for instance?

Thanks

Marcus
garfield-n-odie

Hi, Marcus13. Yes. In Word, click on Tools | Options | File Locations.
Note the folder where User Templates are located. This is where your
normal.dot global template file will be. All Word documents are based on
normal.dot unless you tell Word otherwise. Open your normal.dot file, draw
an arrow or square AutoShape, format its line style and color as you wish,
right-click on the AutoShape, and left-click on Set AutoShape Defaults.
Delete the arrow or square AutoShape. Save your normal.dot file and close
it. The next time you create a document based on normal.dot, and you draw an
AutoShape, the AutoShape will have the line style and color you set as a
default in normal.dot.