Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default table borders

I'm using Word 2007. Why is it that sometimes when I choose No Border in
tables I can still see a border on the screen, although happily the border
doesn't print?

The second part of my question is: if I choose to see the border while I'm
preparing my document then I want to remove all the borders afterwards, how
can I do this without clicking on each individual border? I presume I can
highlight the whole document but then I don't know what to do.
--
Millie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What you're seeing is not a border but the table gridlines, which are
toggled by the View Gridlines button in the Table group on the Layout tab of
the contextual Table Tools. If you have text boundaries displayed, you'll
see table cell boundaries (in Print Layout view) even when gridlines are
hidden.

With the gridlines displayed, it should not be necessary to apply borders,
but if you do, you can remove them from a given table using Alt+Ctrl+U.

Table Borders robzrob[_2_] New Users 2 June 22nd 08 11:54 PM
Table borders gets thick when there's suppose to be no borders? RXNDNL Tables 1 January 7th 06 12:19 PM
Table Borders Katie Microsoft Word Help 2 September 16th 05 02:11 PM
table borders Alison Hobbs Tables 1 August 3rd 05 12:44 PM
Table Borders MGD Tables 1 July 7th 05 07:45 PM