Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter_L Peter_L is offline

Default Size of form field in a table cell

When I insert a form field in a cell, it occupies a fixed space within the
cell. After locking the document, clicking on the middle of the cell (which
falls outside the form field) selects the next form field in the document
instead of the one in the cell selected. Can the size of the form field be
increased to fill the cell, or is there an alternative solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In a protected document, the form fields are the only locations where you
can have a selection or an insertion point. So clicking outside of a certain
field will always cause some other field to get selected; I don't think
there is a way around that.

What you can do is resize the relevant column(s) so that the contents "fit"
better... And for *text* form fields, in the Text Form Field Options dialog
box you can add some default text to make the field wider.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter_L" wrote in message
When I insert a form field in a cell, it occupies a fixed space within the
cell. After locking the document, clicking on the middle of the cell
(which
falls outside the form field) selects the next form field in the document
instead of the one in the cell selected. Can the size of the form field be
increased to fill the cell, or is there an alternative solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter_L[_2_] Peter_L[_2_] is offline

I guess it can't be done then. I'm using text fields, but putting spaces in
them would make it more difficult for the person filling in the form.
I'll have to try giving up on form fields and protecting the whole document
except the table cells I want to be filled in.
Thanks for your help.