Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Hallsjo Hallsjo is offline

Default Table styles and column width; possible to specify?

Is it possible to create a table style with a pre-defined number of columns
of pre-defined width? Is it possible to set a pre-defined style in the cells?
As far as I get, I can control the appearance of the table an the text that
appears in it, but I cannot control the width of columns or set, for example,
that style "Warning" should be used in the left column, and the style
"Warning text" in the right column. What I'd like to be able to do, is create
a table style with 2 columns and 1 row to use for warnings, cautions etc.

We use Word 2003.

Regards,
Lars
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Sorry, you cannot set column widths in table styles. Although you cannot set
a style in a table style, you can set the font and paragraph formatting for,
say, the first and last columns. The best fit for your need might be the use
of autotext. I don't use it, but several of the MVP's recommend it for
situations like yours and can give you directions.

PamC