JD

Default Conditional Page Number?

I would like to create a field that does not appear if a document is only one
page, but does appear if there are 2 or more pages to a document. Further, I
want to show ".../#" where # is the next page number, rather than the current
page number. I can make .../# show up using the following:

€¦/{ ={ PAGE } +1 }

Is there any way I can stop it from appearing in my one-page document?

Thanks in advance.
Greg Maxey

JD,

I am not sure I follow your train of thought precisely. Try

{IF{Page} "1""./{ ={ PAGE } +1 }"""}

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

JD wrote:
I would like to create a field that does not appear if a document is
only one page, but does appear if there are 2 or more pages to a
document. Further, I want to show ".../#" where # is the next page
number, rather than the current page number. I can make .../# show
up using the following:

./{ ={ PAGE } +1 }

Is there any way I can stop it from appearing in my one-page document?

Thanks in advance.

JD

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Try
{IF{Page} "1""./{ ={ PAGE } +1 }"""}

This worked! I did make one change; I made it:

{ IF { Numpages } "1" ".../{ = { PAGE } + 1}"""}

Thanks very much Greg!

JD

"JD" wrote:

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Try
{IF{Page} "1""./{ ={ PAGE } +1 }"""}

This worked! I did make one change; I made it:

{ IF { Numpages } "1" ".../{ = { PAGE } + 1}"""}

After using this field, I realized that I didn't want this to appear on the
last page of my document, after all, there isn't another page to go to.
Using Different First Page Header and Footer, I put the above code in the
first page footer, and the following code in the second page footer:

{IF { COMPARE { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } } = 1 ".../{ = { PAGE } + 1 }" "" }

Posted in case anyone else needs to do the same thing,
JD.

JD

It would be simple if I was the only person using this document, but this is
a template for a number of other users, and I don't want the user to be
worrying about this type of formatting when they are preparing routine
correspondence. Right now, they are manually inserting this page numbering.
The document numbering looks like this:

Header:
Letterhead Page 2 Page 3
Footer: