Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Frost Roger Frost is offline

Default reversible arrows in chemical equations?

How do I insert a reversible arrow in chemical equations in a Word document?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: reversible arrows in chemical equations?

To insert a reversible arrow in a chemical equation in a Word document, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  3. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Design" tab.
  4. In the "Structures" section, click on the "Equation" button.
  5. In the "Equation" section, type in your chemical equation using the available symbols and templates.
  6. To insert a reversible arrow, click on the "Arrow" button in the "Structures" section.
  7. Select the "Equilibrium Arrow" option from the drop-down menu.
  8. Place the arrow where you want it in your equation.
  9. You can adjust the size and position of the arrow by clicking and dragging it.
  10. Once you are satisfied with your equation, click on the "X" button in the top right corner of the "Equation" section to close it.

That's it! You should now have a reversible arrow in your chemical equation in your Word document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 04:06:02 -0700, Roger Frost Roger
wrote:

How do I insert a reversible arrow in chemical equations in a Word document?

This character is in several fonts, including Arial Unicode MS, MS Mincho, and
Lucida Sans Unicode. The right-over-left character is Unicode character 21c4,
and the left-over-right one is 21c6. Type the number and press Alt+X.

For other ways of inserting these characters, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

The Equation Editor in Word also has arrows for chemical reactions. It
has 6 of them, and if the arrows you need aren't there, try MathType
-- it has 27 different arrows. Some of the ones missing from Equation
Editor that are in MathType are equilibrium, and arrows for unbalanced
reactions. (I'm not a chemist, so I don't know if that's the right
term, but it's one arrow on top of another one, and one of the arrows
is longer than the other.)

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Apr 23, 7:06*am, Roger Frost Roger
wrote:
How do I insert a reversible arrow in chemical equations in a Word document?

No fewer than 96 different arrows are included in Unicode, so if
you're typing straignt text, you can use Insert Symbol to find the
right one. (Go to the subset called "Arrows.")