Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ninjaneer ninjaneer is offline

Default shortcut key for insert bookmark

Hi there
I use Word 2003 and know how to set up shortcut keys, but I can not find the
command for "insert bookmark" when I look for it in the available commands
when I try to set up the keyboard shortcut. Can somebody please help me to
set up the keyboard shortcut? I plan to use ALT-B.

Thanks in advance!
Pieka
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: shortcut key for insert bookmark

Hi Pieka,

To insert a bookmark in Word 2003, you can use the following steps:
  1. First, select the text or location where you want to insert the bookmark.
  2. Next, go to the Insert menu and select Bookmark.
  3. In the Bookmark dialog box, type a name for your bookmark and click Add.
  4. Your bookmark is now inserted.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in keyboard shortcut for inserting a bookmark in Word 2003. However, you can create a custom keyboard shortcut using the following steps:
  1. Go to the Tools menu and select Customize.
  2. In the Customize dialog box, select the Keyboard tab.
  3. Under Categories, select Insert.
  4. Under Commands, select Bookmark.
  5. In the Press new shortcut key box, press the key combination you want to use for the shortcut (e.g. ALT-B).
  6. Click Assign to assign the shortcut to the command.
  7. Click Close to close the dialog box.

Your custom keyboard shortcut should now be set up and ready to use. Just select the text or location where you want to insert the bookmark and press your shortcut key combination (e.g. ALT-B).

__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The shortcut is CTRL+Shift+F5 - EditBookmark
If you use CTRL+ALT+ +(on the numeric keypad) and apply the resulting
square-ish cursor to a command you will be rewarded with the name of the
command and any shortcut key already assigned.

ninjaneer wrote:
Hi there
I use Word 2003 and know how to set up shortcut keys, but I can not
find the command for "insert bookmark" when I look for it in the
available commands when I try to set up the keyboard shortcut. Can
somebody please help me to set up the keyboard shortcut? I plan to
use ALT-B.

Thanks in advance!
Pieka

Gumball Gumball is offline
Junior Member

Hello Graham,
I am an editor, and I work with Word 2013. I typically insert a bookmark to indicate where I have edited to, and this can happen 100's to 1,000's of times in a document. I would like to create a two-keystroke shortcut for this. I did manage to assign alt+z to get to the bookmark window, but I would like it to also automatically insert the bookmark without me having to hit 'Add'. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mayor View Post