Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

Default Single but Multiple records

Hi jacqui! Did you solve your issue? I have the same question as you. Would
be possible with this Macro??
Thanks!!
--
mery

"jacquieamer (removethis) @earthlink.net" wrote:

In the spreadsheet list the employee data, but have
columns named "CoachingIssue1" "Coaching Issue2", etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately I follow all the steps into the Tutorial but is not possible
for me to run the Macro as it always shows an error message.
Could be possible for you to send me an example maybe?

Thanks a lot!!!

--
mery

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

hi Peter,

i'm sending you an example of that I wanted to merge:

City Employee Sales
Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0
I need to send ONLY ONE e-mail for "Atlanta" with the 3 employees (Smith,
Gates & Henderson) details.
When I running the Macro, after insert the "merge fields" the message error
is the following: "Run-Time error 5941" the Macro that I'm using is exactly
as the tutorial (I copied from the tutorial).

thank you very much, I really appreciated you help on this!
--
mery

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you copy both macros - Sub EmailMergeTableMaker() and the Sub
TableJoiner()?

Have you created AND EXECUTED the multi-table merge to create a document
like that shown in the tutorial?

Is that document the active document when you run the EmailMergeTableMaker
macro?

If you click on Debug, what line of code is highlighted in yellow?

--

"maria" wrote in message
hi Peter,

i'm sending you an example of that I wanted to merge:

City Employee Sales
Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0
I need to send ONLY ONE e-mail for "Atlanta" with the 3 employees (Smith,
Gates & Henderson) details.
When I running the Macro, after insert the "merge fields" the message
error
is the following: "Run-Time error 5941" the Macro that I'm using is
exactly
as the tutorial (I copied from the tutorial).

thank you very much, I really appreciated you help on this!
--
mery

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

Yes I copied both Macros and also I created the Multi table with fields.
The line of code highlighted in yellow is "With .Tables(1)"
Another question is, should I run both Macros separtly (create 2 macros) or
only one that contains the first and the second one is ok?

Thank you very much for your time!
--
mery

"maria" wrote in message
hi Peter,

i'm sending you an example of that I wanted to merge:

City Employee Sales
Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0
I need to send ONLY ONE e-mail for "Atlanta" with the 3 employees (Smith,
Gates & Henderson) details.
When I running the Macro, after insert the "merge fields" the message
error
is the following: "Run-Time error 5941" the Macro that I'm using is
exactly
as the tutorial (I copied from the tutorial).

thank you very much, I really appreciated you help on this!
--
mery

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Why don't you send me all of the documents that you have created (the mail
merge main documents, the data source and the documents created by executing
the merges) so that I can see exactly what you have.

However, if your data is in a table in the following format:

Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0

Or you execute a directory type mail merge to create a document with a table
such as that. If you run the following macro when that document is the
active document, it will ask you for the email address for each city and
then compose and send email messages with the subject of [City] Sales Data
and the following typical information in the body of the email message

Atlanta Smith $3,000
Gates $50,000
Henderson $10,000

'To run this macro it is necessary to set a reference via ToolsReferences
'in the Visual Basic Editor to the Microsoft Outlook [version number] Object
Library
Dim source As Document, target As Document, scat As Range, tcat As Range
Dim data As Range, stab As Table, ttab As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, n As Long
Dim emaddress As String
Dim bStarted As Boolean
Dim oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application
Dim oItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim mysubject As String, message As String, Title As String
' Check if Outlook is running. If it is not, start Outlook
On Error Resume Next
Set oOutlookApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
'oOutlookApp.DefaultProfileName
If Err 0 Then
Set oOutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
bStarted = True
End If
Set source = ActiveDocument
Set target = Documents.Add
Set stab = source.Tables(1)
k = stab.Columns.Count
Set ttab = target.Tables.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, numrows:=1,
numcolumns:=k)
Set scat = stab.Cell(1, 1).Range
scat.End = scat.End - 1
ttab.Cell(1, 1).Range = scat
For n = 2 To k
Set data = stab.Cell(1, n).Range
data.End = data.End - 1
ttab.Cell(1, n).Range = data
Next n
For i = 2 To stab.Rows.Count
Set tcat = ttab.Cell(1, 1).Range
tcat.End = tcat.End - 1
Set scat = stab.Cell(i, 1).Range
scat.End = scat.End - 1
If scat = tcat Then
ttab.Rows.Add
For n = 2 To k
Set data = stab.Cell(i, n).Range
data.End = data.End - 1
ttab.Cell(ttab.Rows.Count, n).Range = data
Next n
Else
target.Range.Copy
emaddress = InputBox("Insert the email address for " & tcat, tcat &
"Email Address")
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With oItem
.Subject = tcat & " Sales Data"
.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
.Display
Set objDoc = .GetInspector.WordEditor
Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection
objSel.Paste
.To = emaddress
.Send
End With
Set oItem = Nothing
With ttab
For j = .Rows.Count To 2 Step -1
.Rows(j).Delete
Next j
End With
ttab.Cell(1, 1).Range = scat
For n = 2 To k
Set data = stab.Cell(i, n).Range
data.End = data.End - 1
ttab.Cell(1, n).Range = data
Next n
End If
Next i
target.Range.Copy
emaddress = InputBox("Insert the email address for " & tcat, tcat & "Email
Address")
Set oItem = oOutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
With oItem
.Subject = tcat & " Sales Data"
.BodyFormat = olFormatHTML
.Display
Set objDoc = .GetInspector.WordEditor
Set objSel = objDoc.Windows(1).Selection
objSel.Paste
.To = emaddress
.Send
End With
Set oItem = Nothing
' Close Outlook if it was started by this macro.
If bStarted Then
oOutlookApp.Quit
End If

'Clean up
Set oOutlookApp = Nothing

--

"maria" wrote in message
hi Peter,

i'm sending you an example of that I wanted to merge:

City Employee Sales
Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0
I need to send ONLY ONE e-mail for "Atlanta" with the 3 employees
(Smith,
Gates & Henderson) details.
When I running the Macro, after insert the "merge fields" the message
error
is the following: "Run-Time error 5941" the Macro that I'm using is
exactly
as the tutorial (I copied from the tutorial).

thank you very much, I really appreciated you help on this!
--
mery

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document
included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly
as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

Hi Doug,
I created an excel file with the data source. A template in word where I
excecute the merges fields and then I create the merge documents.

This is exactly what I'm looking for:

Atlanta Smith $3,000
Gates $50,000
Henderson $10,000

After obtain the merge doc, it ask me for the name of each person, that's
correct and it works!!!, I already clik the option Microsoft Outlook 11.0
Object
Library.

Besides, I tried with the Macro you sent me above but also show me an error
message.

I wanted to send you all the files that I have, but I cannot attach any file
here.
But, keep in mind, that I only use an excel file (with data source) a word
template where I merge the fields and also the people directory from my
outlook.

I only get this: mail 1: Atlanta Smith $3,000
mail 2: Atlanta Gates $50,000
mail 3: Atlanta Henderson $10,000

And I trying to get : mail 1: Atlanta Smith $3,000
Gates
$50,000
Henderson
$10,000
mail 2: Houston.....etc.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

--
mery

"maria" wrote in message
hi Peter,

i'm sending you an example of that I wanted to merge:

City Employee Sales
Atlanta Smith $3,000
Atlanta Gates $50,000
Atlanta Henderson $10,000
Houston Jones $8,000
Houston Kelley $9,000
Houston Peterson $0
I need to send ONLY ONE e-mail for "Atlanta" with the 3 employees
(Smith,
Gates & Henderson) details.
When I running the Macro, after insert the "merge fields" the message
error
is the following: "Run-Time error 5941" the Macro that I'm using is
exactly
as the tutorial (I copied from the tutorial).

thank you very much, I really appreciated you help on this!
--
mery

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you using a Directory Type mail merge main document?

You can send the files to me at

--

&

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document
included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up
exactly
as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

msnews.microsoft.com
"maria" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maria Maria is offline

I Just sent you an e-mail with all the files!! Thanks!!
--
mery

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?

When do you see it?

Which version of Word?

What is the data source?

Peter Jamieson

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

And I have sent a response. The main issue here was that your mail merge
main document was not of the required Directory type.

--

"maria" wrote in message
[...]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the error message?