Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Word 2007 mail merge - printing document properties

We have created a mail merge document and saved it to our H:. When we open
the document again and then print out the document properties, it gives us a
random file name and Directory, C:\Documents and Settings\username\local
settings\temporary internet files\content\mso.

We used to be able to do this in Word 2003, can anyone help or explain why
the document properties don't give us the correct filename and path?

Thanks in anticipation,
--
Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't have a full explanation because I do not work for Microsoft and
cannot see the source code of their application, but AFAICS Word 2007
now treats everything that is not a "local" file as something that is
"on the Internet" at least in this respect - and "downloads" a local
temporary copy to the user's area. In theory if the user makes changes
to this copy, Word should copy the temp version back to the network
drive when the mailmerge main document closes but in some/most cases
that does not actually appear to work.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk