Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alex Alex is offline

Default How do I mail merge from Word to Outlook with merge subject field

HELP!!

I have a mass email I need to send with personalised contents from an Excel
database. I have created the merge from Word all fine, but now I need to
insert merge fiels into the email subject line - is this possible to do to
send from Word doc to Outlook?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It can be done with MAPILab's Mailmerge toolkit add-in for Outlook
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ See if the trial version works
for you.

Alex wrote:
HELP!!

I have a mass email I need to send with personalised contents from an
Excel database. I have created the merge from Word all fine, but now
I need to insert merge fiels into the email subject line - is this
possible to do to send from Word doc to Outlook?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you are familiar with VBA, you can use Word's MailMerge events and
VBA to specify the subject for each email.

e.g. in the VBA Editor, Insert a new Class Module, name it
EventClassModule, and insert the following code:

Public WithEvents App As Word.Application

Private Sub App_MailMergeBeforeRecordMerge(ByVal Doc As Document, Cancel
As Boolean)

' set this to be the exact name (uppercase/lowercase are significant
here) of the field you want to use
Const strSubjectFieldName = "mysubjectfield"
Doc.MailMerge.MailSubject = _
Doc.MailMerge.DataSource.DataFields(strSubjectFiel dName).Value
End Sub

In an ordinary module, put the following VBA

'---
Dim x As New EventClassModule

Sub MergeWithEvents()

EnableEventHandler

' Do the merge
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Execute Pause:=False

' The events fire for all documents
' so disable them
DisableEventHandler

End Sub

Sub EnableEventHandler()
Set x.App = Word.Application
End Sub

Sub EnableEventHandler()
Set x.App = Nothing
End Sub
'---

Then, with your mail merge main document open, run the MergeWithEvents
subroutine to run your merge

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk