Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default access to word label merge

I have an inventory of about 400 books for a library for which I am making
labels. I created a database in Access and used this as my data source for
the merge. When the merge was complete and I was ready to print, the first
page contained the first 30 labels just like I needed, but each subsequent
page contains most of the labels from the first page and just a few new ones.
How can I make it so that each page of labels contains entirely new records?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you are previewing the merge and printing from there - you
have to "complete the merge", either by merging to a new document and
printing that, or merging to the printer.

How to do that depends on the version of Word but in Word 2002/2003, you can
enable the mailmerge toolbar in View-Toolbars and click the appropriate
button (one of the ones near the right hand end).

Peter Jamieson

"michelle" wrote in message
news
I have an inventory of about 400 books for a library for which I am making
labels. I created a database in Access and used this as my data source for
the merge. When the merge was complete and I was ready to print, the first
page contained the first 30 labels just like I needed, but each subsequent
page contains most of the labels from the first page and just a few new
ones.
How can I make it so that each page of labels contains entirely new
records?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pete Pete is offline

It would be useful to consider creating a Labels Query / Report in Access,
and printing your Labels from there directly.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

It sounds as if you are previewing the merge and printing from there - you
have to "complete the merge", either by merging to a new document and
printing that, or merging to the printer.

How to do that depends on the version of Word but in Word 2002/2003, you can
enable the mailmerge toolbar in View-Toolbars and click the appropriate
button (one of the ones near the right hand end).

Peter Jamieson

news