Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony Girgenti Tony Girgenti is offline

Default Change position of return address on envelope

Hello.

I'm using MS Word 2007 SP2 to print an address on a size 10 envelope (4 1/8
x 9 1/2) on a HP Deskjet 855c.

When i print individual envelopes, using Mailings/Envelopes dialog box, it
prints the address OK, but when it prints the return address, it prints about
an inch from the top left side and about a half inch down from the top of the
envelope.

I tried using the information from he
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

All that did was put a picture of an envelope in my document and now i can't
get rid of it. It did not change the position of the printed return address.

I am not doing any kind of fancy mail merge with a form letter or anything
like that. Just a simple envelope print.

Does anybody know how to change where the return address prints without
putting a picture of an envelope in my document?

Also, does anybody know how to get rid of the envelope in my document?

Thanks,
Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This is probably an issue with the way the Envelopes are being fed into the
Printer. The default margin settings for such an envelope are Top 0.25" and
Left 0.4". Do you by any chance have the paragraph format for the Return
Address defined with Space before it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Tony Girgenti" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony Girgenti Tony Girgenti is offline

Hello Doug.

I'm not sure i understand your question. I don't know how to change the
"paragraph format for the Return Address".

Do you mean go to Mailings/Envelopes, click the options button? The return
address has a font, a From left: and a From top:. They are both set to Auto.

Otherwise, there are no spaces in front of the return address text in the
Return address: text box.

Thanks,
Tony

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is nothing on my web page that would put a 'picture of an envelope' in
your document. It recommends ADDING an envelope to a blank document as a
simple means of accessing the various parts of the envelope. If you have
added that envelope to your normal template and the saved the template then
it will remain - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

With the envelope page on screen you can easily access the two styles and
format them as you wish.

It might be simpler if you downloaded the #10 envelope samples from my web
site and used those to create envelopes. Using the organizer -
Alt+F8 Organizer - you can copy the two envelope styles from the template
to the normal template.

Tony Girgenti wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tony Girgenti Tony Girgenti is offline

It appears OK in the document window, but in print preview it cuts off the
first ten characters on each line.

Thanks,
Tony

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am not sure why that would be, but in the document window, increase the
left indent of the paragraph until all of the information appears when you
view it in Print Preview.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspect that it is an envelope orientation issue. The envelope is printing
from left to right or vice versa, Check the settings in the envelope dialog.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In the Document window, does it appear in the correct (desired)
place on the
Envelope? How about in PrintPreview?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

This is probably an issue with the way the Envelopes are being fed
into
the
Printer. The default margin settings for such an envelope are Top
0.25"
and
Left 0.4". Do you by any chance have the paragraph format for the
Return
Address defined with Space before it?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of my services on a paid consulting basis.

msnews.microsoft.com "Tony Girgenti"