Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cmarlow41 cmarlow41 is offline

Default Word 2007 is printing multiple copies of each record on each sheet

and none of the tricks seem to be working. Next Record is in labels 2-6, when
I hit Alt F9 I see {Next}, yet each sheet is six labels of each name in my
Excel roster. I have a graphic on the left side of the label and the merge
fields are within a text box on the right side of the label. I created the
first label and used the Update Labels button to populate the other labels.
What am I doing wrong? The help button for Word 2007 Mail Merge says that
when doing labels I will see the current record in label 1 and record 2 in
labels 2-6 but I don't see that. I see and print all six labels for each
record. That's 145 sheets. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cmarlow41 cmarlow41 is offline

I created a simple mail merge with no bells and whistles and it worked. So I
created another one with just a picture and it worked. It seems the problem
is putting the merge codes inside a text box which I did so that I could
control their placement. I ended up doing it with other means. Not elegant
but it works.

"cmarlow41" wrote:

and none of the tricks seem to be working. Next Record is in labels 2-6, when
I hit Alt F9 I see {Next}, yet each sheet is six labels of each name in my
Excel roster. I have a graphic on the left side of the label and the merge
fields are within a text box on the right side of the label. I created the
first label and used the Update Labels button to populate the other labels.
What am I doing wrong? The help button for Word 2007 Mail Merge says that
when doing labels I will see the current record in label 1 and record 2 in
labels 2-6 but I don't see that. I see and print all six labels for each
record. That's 145 sheets. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cmarlow41 cmarlow41 is offline

Default Word 2007 is printing multiple copies of each record on each s

I appreciate you sharing your expertise.