Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jakson jakson is offline

Default small caps

Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 05:20:01 -0800, jakson
wrote:

Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

wrote:
Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

what version of Word? doesn't work on mine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It works on ALL versions of Word. How are you using C+S+K? It is a toggle
switch. Check to see what is stealing that keyboard shortcut. I'd tell you
how but you don't tell us which version of Word you are using.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote:
Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.

what version of Word? doesn't work on mine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Terry says, this shortcut is good in all versions of Word. Does
*anything* happen when you press that shortcut? Note that you must have text
selected to see the result, and the text must be lowercase (apply Small Caps
to capital letters has no effect).

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.

what version of Word? doesn't work on mine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
so all may benefit.

what version of Word? *doesn't work on mine.

You found it!

I was highlighting caps to do this.

In mixed caps, works GREAT!!! Exactly a feature I was doing
manually. ...no snickering out there.

Plus, just learned the feature toggles back and forth.

Thanks again.,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I encountered this gotcha (and finally figured it out after MUCH
frustration) in an ancient DOS version of Word eons ago. Occasionally I
remember the likelihood that someone else will make the same mistake. If you
realize that you are toggling from Caps & Lowercase to Caps & Small Caps, it
helps.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert Macy" wrote in message
On Nov 1, 9:14 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
As Terry says, this shortcut is good in all versions of Word. Does
*anything* happen when you press that shortcut? Note that you must have
text
selected to see the result, and the text must be lowercase (applying Small

wrote:
Is there a macro for small caps and if not how do I make one?

"Macro" is the wrong term. There is a keyboard shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+K,
that applies small-caps font formatting to selected text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org