Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default table formatting problems

I'm using Word 2002 in XP.

I need to use a 7 column table. So, using a page setup in landscape, I
created a 5 column table because that was the maximum option Word offered.
I then added 2 columns to get to 7 columns.

Problems:
a) centering the text in the cells is off
b) text that extends beyond the column width disappears to the right.

Is there a way around these problems? Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg[_2_] Lene Fredborg[_2_] is offline

Check the left and right indentation of the text (in the Paragraph dialog
box). A negative right indent will make the text disappear to the right. The
left and right indent need to be set to the same value in order to make
centered text appear precisely centered.

--
Best regards
Lene Fredborg

skrev i en meddelelse
I'm using Word 2002 in XP.

I need to use a 7 column table. So, using a page setup in landscape, I
created a 5 column table because that was the maximum option Word offered.
I then added 2 columns to get to 7 columns.

Problems:
a) centering the text in the cells is off
b) text that extends beyond the column width disappears to the right.

Is there a way around these problems? Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

That was it. Thank you.

Wonder why that happened. It certainly did not set it that way.

Jeff

skrev i en meddelelse
I'm using Word 2002 in XP.

I need to use a 7 column table. So, using a page setup in landscape, I
created a 5 column table because that was the maximum option Word
offered. I then added 2 columns to get to 7 columns.

Problems:
a) centering the text in the cells is off
b) text that extends beyond the column width disappears to the right.

Is there a way around these problems? Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Where did you find anything that said 5 columns was the maximum? You can set
63 columns if you need.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 in XP.

I need to use a 7 column table. So, using a page setup in landscape, I
created a 5 column table because that was the maximum option Word offered.
I then added 2 columns to get to 7 columns.

Problems:
a) centering the text in the cells is off
b) text that extends beyond the column width disappears to the right.

Is there a way around these problems? Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

I just clicked on the toolbar's table icon to create the table and it only
went as far as 5 columns.

Jeff

wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 in XP.

I need to use a 7 column table. So, using a page setup in landscape, I
created a 5 column table because that was the maximum option Word
offered. I then added 2 columns to get to 7 columns.

Problems:
a) centering the text in the cells is off
b) text that extends beyond the column width disappears to the right.

Is there a way around these problems? Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you click on the Table button, it opens a small pictograph of a table for
you to select the number of rows and columns: although it may only show 5
columns wide, you can drag past column 5 and more will appear. (Note that
the default initial display is variable from system to system depending on
the width of the screen for displaying the Ribbons). If you click on Insert
Table in the drop down, it lets you add the number of columns and rows
manually.

Terry