Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kuregurl Kuregurl is offline

Default How do I subdivide a page into equal parts

My old word perfect program would allow me to subdivide a page equally. I
cannot seem to find the functions that allow this in Word. I am trying to
creat a document with 6 equal parts like small postcards. Any one able to
help me?
Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I subdivide a page into equal parts

How to subdivide a page into equal parts in Microsoft Word

To subdivide a page into equal parts in Microsoft Word, you can use the Table feature. Here's how:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the Insert tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Table button and select Insert Table from the dropdown menu.
  4. In the Insert Table dialog box, enter the number of rows and columns you want for your postcards. For example, if you want 6 postcards, you could enter 2 rows and 3 columns.
  5. Click OK to create the table.
  6. You should now see a table on your page with the number of rows and columns you specified.
  7. To adjust the size of the cells, click on the table to select it, then click on the Layout tab at the top of the screen.
  8. In the Cell Size section, you can adjust the width and height of the cells to make them the size you want for your postcards.
  9. Once you have the table set up the way you want it, you can add your content to each cell as you would with any other document.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does this with a table, and you can find the templates for such layouts
as "label" definitions. If you are using commercial card stock (Avery, for
example), there will probably be an existing label definition, but you can
also create you own, based on the closest existing one, by specifying the
required dimensions.

http://word.mvps.org