Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRR JRR is offline

Default How to go back after jumping to a cross reference.

I am using Word 2007.

I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to its
source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.

Is there a way to jump back?

Thanks.

-=John
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to go back after jumping to a cross reference.

Hi John!

Yes, there is a way to jump back to your original location after jumping to a cross reference in Word 2007. Here's how:
  1. First, make sure you're in the location where you jumped to the cross reference. You can do this by pressing "Ctrl" and clicking on the cross reference field.
  2. Next, press "Shift" and "F5" on your keyboard. This will take you back to your original location.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Back" button in your web browser to go back to your original location. This works if you're using Word in a web browser, such as Word Online.

PHP Code:
Happy Word processing

__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

You could add the "Back" button to the QAT and use that. You can find it
under "Commands Not in the Ribbon".

Yves

"jrr" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007.

I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to
its
source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.

Is there a way to jump back?

Thanks.

-=John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+Left arrow (which by default is assigned to the WebGoBack
command).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jrr" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007.

I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to
its
source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.

Is there a way to jump back?

Thanks.

-=John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

jrr wrote:
I am using Word 2007.

I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point
to its source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.

Is there a way to jump back?

Thanks.

-=John

Alt+left arrow, just like in a browser.

Or right-click the Quick Access Toolbar, choose Customize, select the All
Commands category, and add the Back button to the toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

ALT+ Left Arrow works for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChrisP ChrisP is offline

ALT+ Left Arrow works for me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRR JRR is offline

Hello Jay,

Thank you for the detailed instructions for how to update the Quick Access
Toolbar. Using detailed and full descriptions (without acronyms) made your
response understandable, and I was able to add the button.