Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ricky Martin Ricky Martin is offline

Default How do I make an underline span the page, both text and blank spac

I want it to be an underline, not just inserting a line. So after the text
ends, I want to be able to carry the underline to the end of that line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could add a tab stop at the end of the line and then press TAB at the
end of the text. The underline formatting will be applied to the tab
character as well.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ricky Martin" Ricky wrote in message
I want it to be an underline, not just inserting a line. So after the text
ends, I want to be able to carry the underline to the end of that line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ricky Martin[_2_] Ricky Martin[_2_] is offline

I spent some time researching and finally found the answer I was looking for
in a 2004 question/answer discussion groups. If you hold the Control +Shift
+Space bar the line will continue to the point you want it to stop. Or you
can tab to where you want the line to end and hit Control +Shift +Space bar.

"Ricky Martin" wrote:

I want it to be an underline, not just inserting a line. So after the text
ends, I want to be able to carry the underline to the end of that line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using a tab stop would seem easier than adding multiple nonbreaking spaces
(which is what Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar does).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP