Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea[_2_] Andrea[_2_] is offline

Default Accepting Reviewer Edits

In Office 2007, when I accept a tracked change, the cursor is automatically
moved to the next tracked edit. I want to see what the changed part of the
document looks like BEFORE moving ahead. Is there a way to change this
default behavior? I realize that there's a drop-down menu, but that's an
extra step, with accept and move to the next edit as the default. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can add the Accept Change command to the Quick Access Toolbar: Click
Office button | Word Options. In the Customize category, select "All
Commands" for "Choose commands from." Locate Accept Change and click the Add
button. When you are done, click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
In Office 2007, when I accept a tracked change, the cursor is
automatically moved to the next tracked edit. I want to see what the
changed part of the document looks like BEFORE moving ahead. Is there a
way to change this default behavior? I realize that there's a drop-down
menu, but that's an extra step, with accept and move to the next edit as
the default. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea[_2_] Andrea[_2_] is offline

OK, Thanks. I thought of that, but I hoped there might be a more direct way
of putting the second option at the top of the menu, making it the default
option.

"Andrea" wrote in message
In Office 2007, when I accept a tracked change, the cursor is
automatically moved to the next tracked edit. I want to see what the
changed part of the document looks like BEFORE moving ahead. Is
there a way to change this default behavior? I realize that there's
a drop-down menu, but that's an extra step, with accept and move to
the next edit as the default. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Another alternative could be to assign a shortcut for such an operation.

Anyway, if you really wanted to change the behaviour, you could customize
that part of the ribbon to your wishes. I don't think it is worth the
trouble/effort, but it is an option. For more info, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

Yves

"Andrea" wrote in message
In Office 2007, when I accept a tracked change, the cursor is
automatically moved to the next tracked edit. I want to see what the
changed part of the document looks like BEFORE moving ahead. Is
there a way to change this default behavior? I realize that there's
a drop-down menu, but that's an extra step, with accept and move to
the next edit as the default. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea[_2_] Andrea[_2_] is offline

I do use that feature a lot, but adding it to my Quick Access Toolbar will
be fine. I just have to get used to remembering what the icon looks like.
Thanks. I've bookmarked the link below for future reference.