Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeyD MikeyD is offline

Default 2007 Templates with Compatibility Pack?

I recently downloaded a Word template in 2007 format. I am using Word XP
(2002) with the compatibility pack installed (fully updated).

The template would not open. Does the compatibility pack work only with
..docx files and not with templates?
--
WIN-XP(SP2)-Home
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The compatibility pack is only for documents. It does not work with Word
2007 templates -see also
http://www.gmayor.com/Problems_opening_2007_docs.htm