Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djrobison22 djrobison22 is offline

Default how do I set up a default email program to send docs?

When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set up
an email program in Default Programs. How do I do this?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I set up a default email program to send docs?

To set up a default email program in Windows, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Start menu and select "Settings" (the gear icon).
  2. Click on "Apps".
  3. Click on "Default apps" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Scroll down until you see "Mail" and click on it.
  5. Select the email program you want to use as your default from the list of available options.

If you're still having trouble sending documents from Word after setting up your default email program, you may need to check your email settings within Word. Here's how:
  1. Open Word and click on "File" in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Mail" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Make sure the correct email account is selected under "Send messages using the following email account".
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Note: If you're still experiencing issues, you may need to contact your email provider or IT support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Open Internet Explorer
Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab | Set Programs

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"djrobison22" wrote in message
When I try to Send a document from Word I get a message that i need to set
up
an email program in Default Programs. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

In order to send e-mail messages from Word, you must have at least one
e-mail account configured in Office Outlook or a different MAPI (Messaging
Application Program Interface) application, and Outlook or the MAPI
application must be open. Also, if you have more than one e-mail account
configured, you should select the default e-mail account that will be used to
send your e-mail messages.

To configure a default e-mail account in Outlook for Word 2007, open Outlook
2007. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings. In the Account Settings
dialog box, if you have more than one e-mail account in the list, you can set
one of the accounts as the default account for sending messages by selecting
it and clicking Set as Default. If you do not have any e-mail account
configured, click Close and follow the instructions in the Microsoft help
topic Add or Remove an E-Mail Account
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...316341033.aspx) to set up and
configure an e-mail account.

To configure a default e-mail account in Outlook for Word 2003, open Outlook
2003. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts, and on the first page of the
E-mail Accounts wizard, select View or change existing e-mail accounts and
click Next. On the page that appears, if you have more than one e-mail
account in the list, you can use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to place
the e-mail account that you want to use to send messages at the top of the
list and then click Finish. If you do not have any e-mail account configured,
click Finish and follow the instructions in the Microsoft help topic Add or
Remove an E-Mail Account
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...760001033.aspx) to set up and
configure an e-mail account.

--