Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatieM KatieM is offline

Default Automatic Field Updates no longer working

Since the most recent suite of updates I've noticed that fields which were
previously automatically updating are no longer working. So date fields -
and probably more concerning - Table of Contents are no longer working.

If I try to insert a Table of Contents - or even if I go and view a document
that previously had a working Table of Contents - instead of seeing the Table
of Contents I see something like the following: { TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u }

How can I get back to being able to see content instead of this?

Thanks