Antoinette

Default Ruler appearance will not change to inches

Yet another person has to say THANK YOU - shame Microsoft couldn't make the
information available themselves and that we have to rely on brilliant people
like you! Again - many thanks

Antoinette

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, CMCronan. See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

"CMCronan" wrote:

I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP and my Word ruler will only display in what I believe are picas. I have already verified that my default measurement units are in inches at Tools\Options\General, but the ruler display will not change from picas even if I try different default measurement types.

This is extremely frustrating as I use precise measurements in many documents I create and prefer to do this in inches. I would be extremely grateful if someone has a solution to this. Thanks.

garfield-n-odie

You're welcome! I can't take credit for "inventing" the solution. I
was merely sharing a tidbit of wisdom I found while beating my head
against the computer screen.

"CMCronan" wrote:

I recently upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP and my Word ruler will only display in what I believe are picas. I have already verified that my default measurement units are in inches at Tools\Options\General, but the ruler display will not change from picas even if I try different default measurement types.

This is extremely frustrating as I use precise measurements in many documents I create and prefer to do this in inches. I would be extremely grateful if someone has a solution to this. Thanks.

FWIW, MS has published this information in a KB article: "WD2002: You Cannot
Change Ruler Measurement Unit from Character Units After Upgrade to Office
XP" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299339