Alan4297

Default Word opens with hidden text visible

I have Word 2000 with Win XP.

Each time I open a doc, the hidden text is visible, even if I save with
"Hidden Text" unchecked in Tools Options.

How can I ensure that hidden text is always hidden?

Regards,
Alan

You cannot save display options with a document. Each document you open
inherits the current application settings, so if you have Hidden text
displayed when you open the document, the Hidden text in that document will
be displayed. If you *don't* have Hidden text displayed already, then It may
be normal Word practice to display this text when XE fields are present. I
can't speak to this since I always have nonprinting characters (including
Hidden text) displayed by default.

"Alan4297" wrote in message
It's XE text in the headings.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this actually Hidden text or is it tracked changes, comments, etc.?

If
the former, is the Hidden text in the form of XE or TC fields?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.