swright00

Default How do I get documets open in the Print Layout View?

How do I set my view to default to the print Layout View when I am opening an
existing file? Currently document open in the Reading Layout View which is
like reading a large print magazine. I am sure some day that will come in
handy but for now I prefer to read documents in there normal format.
Jay Freedman

swright00 wrote:
How do I set my view to default to the print Layout View when I am
opening an existing file? Currently document open in the Reading
Layout View which is like reading a large print magazine. I am sure
some day that will come in handy but for now I prefer to read
documents in there normal format.

Go to Tools Options General and clear the checkbox for "Allow starting
in Reading Layout". Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,