rsdp

Default Different page length for each page in a document.

I have created a template (.dot) with the page layout: 210,00 mm width
and 120,00 height (Portrait).

Is there any easy way to change the Page length for a given page in a
document or do I have to use Section breaks?

I would like to write a certain amount of information about a subject -
on a given page and therefore not have the current page length longer
than necessary.

Any ideas ?

Regards
Rune.

Stefan Blom

Yes, changing paper size requires a section break.

But you can use paragraph formatting to start a new page in Word:
Click Paragraph on the Format menu. Click the Line and Page Breaks
tab. Enable the "Page break before" option, and then click OK.

If you are familiar with the concept of paragraph styles, you can add
the "Page break before" option to a style and use it whenever
appropriate.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rsdp" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a template (.dot) with the page layout: 210,00 mm

width
and 120,00 height (Portrait).

Is there any easy way to change the Page length for a given page in

document or do I have to use Section breaks?

I would like to write a certain amount of information about a

subject -
on a given page and therefore not have the current page length

longer
than necessary.

Any ideas ?

Regards
Rune.

Margaret Aldis

Yes, you need section breaks to change the page size and/or margins, but
maybe you are thinking about this the wrong way.

Instead of trying to control pagination with page length, use the pagination
rules for paragraphs (or better, styles) to make your pages break where you
want them. Make your section headings "Page Break Before" so that each
section starts on a new page.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

oups.com...