this crazy life

Default I cannot lock certain text in a word document.

I have a standard letter format for a company. I can not lock the main text,
(i.e.) contact information without having to re-format the document for each
letter.

Is there a way to lock the master. I am lost.

Thanks!
Charles Kenyon

Start with: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you want
one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This puts the info in your
headers and footers (which are not locked but are out of the way). This
gives step-by-step instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

If you really need to lock it, check on Word "Online Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms (especially Dian
Chapman's articles).

Hope this helps,
--