Steven Young

Default Triple underscore at bottom of text -

I must have done something to the settings but in the "norma view" there is
now a triple-width underscore line at the bottom of the work area at the LH
margin, under the insertion point which wasn't there before and its
annoying the hell out of me. It can be forced down with repeated carriage
returns and doesn't show up in oreview mode. Could anyone please tell me
how to remove it?

STEVEN

Steven Young

I use Normal view most of the time - and for years!

Must be old age catching up with me!

Thanks for sorting that out.

STEVEN

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is the end-of-document marker, displayed only (and always) in Normal
view. Do you usually work in Print Layout view?

so
all may benefit.

"Steven Young" wrote in message
I must have done something to the settings but in the "norma view" there

is
now a triple-width underscore line at the bottom of the work area at the

LH
margin, under the insertion point which wasn't there before and its
annoying the hell out of me. It can be forced down with repeated

carriage
returns and doesn't show up in oreview mode. Could anyone please tell

me
how to remove it?

STEVEN

It *is* odd how sometimes we suddenly notice something that has always been
there. Sometimes just the reassurance that it's normal is enough to dispel
discomfort and dissatisfaction, but sometimes once we've noticed it, it
becomes a perpetual annoyance. sigh

"Steven Young" wrote in message
I use Normal view most of the time - and for years!

Must be old age catching up with me!

Thanks for sorting that out.

STEVEN

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is the end-of-document marker, displayed only (and always) in

Normal
view. Do you usually work in Print Layout view?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Steven Young" wrote in message
I must have done something to the settings but in the "norma view"

there
is
now a triple-width underscore line at the bottom of the work area at

the
LH
margin, under the insertion point which wasn't there before and its
annoying the hell out of me. It can be forced down with repeated

carriage
returns and doesn't show up in oreview mode. Could anyone please tell

me
how to remove it?

STEVEN

How to select paragraph between tow specified words? ALIOX Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 05 08:56 AM
Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 05:49 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Text box top and bottom of page, how do get get to page 2? Penfold Page Layout 1 December 13th 04 06:47 PM
Text cut off in table at bottom of page David Best Tables 5 October 27th 04 04:53 AM