Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I change my Normal template?

Word 2007 provides the opportunity to use style sets. You can save your
preferences as a personal style set.

The 1.15 spacing was undoubtedly chosen because of presentation. It looks
better on the page. However you are not obliged to stick with that if you
prefer something different. You could have left the 2007 styles as they were
and chosen the 2003 style set from the Styles dialog on the home tab which
would have removed the additional spacing from the normal style making its
spacing similar to that of Word 2003, without the need to make any changes
to existing styles.

..

"techcnc" wrote in message
It is easy enough to change the normal.dotm template. But what is normal
spacing anyway? There was probably a good reason to make it 1.15. I
changed
mine to 1.0 just because I like round numbers.

"busedteach" wrote:

I agree. Why on earth would they change the default document to space
1.15
anyway. No one types documents with that kind of spacing. I am a
teacher
and it is annoying to have to explain to each student how to change their
document every time they open it up. I've had no luck yet figuring out
how
to change the templete. Wasting my valuable time I need to planning for
class!

"Doug" wrote:

If Microsoft didn't keep changing things around and forcing us to buy
their
new products, they wouldn't have enough business. This is madenning.
They
should write a book on how to make a simple task a major
pain-in-the-ass,
because this used to be simple. What a waste of time!

"JGT" wrote:

OK now I'm totally confused after reading all the previous post.
Recently I
upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 (wow what a pain-in-the-ass
change)
and cannot easily find stuff (sorry but IMHO the ribbon is a GIANT
step
backwards). I get so tired of clicking on things only to discover
what I'm
looking for is not there. In office 2003 I made extensive
modifications to
the normal.dot file and now I want these changes in my normal.dotm
file. In
2003 I could open a document and merge the template of the open
document into
my normal template. Is this possible in 2007? If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JTR JTR is offline

Do a search for "NORMAL.DOT". Once the search finds it, DELETE IT. MS Word
will recreate the file with its normal default settings.... which is the
blank you are looking for.

"renee1021" wrote:

I have Microsoft Word 2002 and my Normal template was somehow changed so that
it now has text in it. I've read the previous posts about this, and none of
them has worked. Does anyone know how to change the Normal template so that
it comes up blank?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

"JTR" wrote in message
news
Do a search for "NORMAL.DOT". Once the search finds it, DELETE IT. MS Word
will recreate the file with its normal default settings.... which is the
blank you are looking for.

Although this is a reply to an old post and probably no longer relevant DO
NOT do this! Deleting the normal template will remove all your
personalisations, macros etc that may have taken a long time to accumulate.
ALWAYS rename the normal template so that the customisations can be
recovered.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

"JTR" wrote in message
news
Do a search for "NORMAL.DOT". Once the search finds it, DELETE IT. MS Word
will recreate the file with its normal default settings.... which is the
blank you are looking for.

Although this is a reply to an old post and probably no longer relevant DO
NOT do this! Deleting the normal template will remove all your
personalisations, macros etc that may have taken a long time to accumulate.
ALWAYS rename the normal template so that the customisations can be
recovered.

Switching to Normal template fails... jabroni Page Layout 0 July 15th 05 09:02 PM
Change language in WORD in Normal.dot template Screen/Display size Microsoft Word Help 1 July 15th 05 02:29 PM
Normal template lindsays Mailmerge 1 May 3rd 05 11:40 PM
can I change the normal (global) template so word always opens wi. queenjude Microsoft Word Help 2 March 22nd 05 08:27 PM
Change the Normal template properties? Jackie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 24th 05 08:54 PM