Strella Mikohl

Default filter comments by type

MS-Word 2002 that I am using has a great feature for putting in Comments
(which appear as callouts in the right-side margin of the page).

However, it is not cleanly integrated with your Track Changes functionality,
which also inserts many many more comments... It sure would be nice to
filter these comments by Editor, AND ALSO by type... so that if i could see
changes to punctuation, format, or text or ALL editors, ALL types.

- - -

I was able to get to this suggestion page easily from Word. I like it.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3RyZWxsYSBNaWtvaGw=?=,

MS-Word 2002 that I am using has a great feature for putting in Comments
(which appear as callouts in the right-side margin of the page).

However, it is not cleanly integrated with your Track Changes functionality,
which also inserts many many more comments... It sure would be nice to
filter these comments by Editor, AND ALSO by type... so that if i could see
changes to punctuation, format, or text or ALL editors, ALL types.

Have you seen the options in the SHOW list on the Revisions toolbar? That will
let you select what to show, as well as by whom.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)