Von

Default How can I set-up the default font and page settings in Word 2003

Having problems customising Word 2003 set-up. I set the font and page margins
etc as I like and select default. However, once I close and reopen Word, Im
back to the original settings.
In the process of trying to resolve I now find that my first line of text
appears at the very top of the page, although it looks fine in print preview
or if I open a file with my old format.

garfield-n-odie

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If so, the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents
Word from automatically saving changes to the normal.dot
template. Change the default font and margins again, and click
"Shift+File | Save All" to force Word to save the normal.dot
template. Alternatively, you can prevent the Acrobat add-in from
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm , but
you'll lose the PDF toolbar if you do this.

As for the first line of text appearing at the top of the page,
click on Tools | Options | View | check the "White space between
pages" box | OK.

Von wrote:
Having problems customising Word 2003 set-up. I set the font and page margins
etc as I like and select default. However, once I close and reopen Word, Im
back to the original settings.
In the process of trying to resolve I now find that my first line of text
appears at the very top of the page, although it looks fine in print preview
or if I open a file with my old format.

Von

Hi, thanks ever so much. Yes Adobe Acrobat 7.0 was installed but I never had
the problem before. However, I recently loaded Omipage-15 which came with
Scansoft PDF 3.0. Although I disabled the latter, the problem persisted.

Neverthless, you solution using "Shift+File & Save All" did the trick, along
with checking of the "White space ....

Many thanks, appreciated.

Von wrote:
Having problems customising Word 2003 set-up. I set the font and page margins
etc as I like and select default. However, once I close and reopen Word, Im
back to the original settings.
In the process of trying to resolve I now find that my first line of text
appears at the very top of the page, although it looks fine in print preview
or if I open a file with my old format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
chevin chevin is offline

Default How can I set-up the default font and page settings in Word 20

Hi, Like Von I am very grateful. The problem, which was infuriating me, is
now solved. Thanks very much.

Von wrote:
Having problems customising Word 2003 set-up. I set the font and page margins
etc as I like and select default. However, once I close and reopen Word, Im
back to the original settings.
In the process of trying to resolve I now find that my first line of text
appears at the very top of the page, although it looks fine in print preview
or if I open a file with my old format.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If Acrobat 7.0 is preventing Word from automatically saving changes to
Word's normal.dot template, then there is a free version 7.0.8 update
available from Adobe that fixes the problem. See
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=331259 for more
information.