GenesisBlade

Default refreshing / updating fields

I have created a form, with numerous fields that are set to autopopulate a
grid at the end. The functionality works, but I need the form to update as it
goes, rather than only be triggered when i print it.

Any trick will do.

I've got as far as adding the 'update fields' icon to the menu bars at the
top (customise menu) and then can select all (ctrl-A) and press the button
and hey presto... but that will be too technical for my users... can i set a
macro to a key, to activate the 'update fields' option? If so, how?!

Many thanks, in advance
GenesisBlade

further to my question, i have found a temporary messy solution... i could do
with a better one, if someone knows, however.

having already added the 'update field' icon to my menu, i select 'record a
macro', select all (ctrl-A), and press the 'update field' icon. End macro.

so i have a new maco... but is there a better, prettier way?

"GenesisBlade" wrote:

I have created a form, with numerous fields that are set to autopopulate a
grid at the end. The functionality works, but I need the form to update as it
goes, rather than only be triggered when i print it.

Any trick will do.

I've got as far as adding the 'update fields' icon to the menu bars at the
top (customise menu) and then can select all (ctrl-A) and press the button
and hey presto... but that will be too technical for my users... can i set a
macro to a key, to activate the 'update fields' option? If so, how?!

Many thanks, in advance

GenesisBlade

nothing like posting to one's self is there... a tidier way might be like the
following:

since the F9 key is does the 'update field' task, you can simply go ctrl-A,
followed by F9.

No need for a macro... anything better?

"GenesisBlade" wrote:

I have created a form, with numerous fields that are set to autopopulate a
grid at the end. The functionality works, but I need the form to update as it
goes, rather than only be triggered when i print it.

Any trick will do.

I've got as far as adding the 'update fields' icon to the menu bars at the
top (customise menu) and then can select all (ctrl-A) and press the button
and hey presto... but that will be too technical for my users... can i set a
macro to a key, to activate the 'update fields' option? If so, how?!

Many thanks, in advance

Graham Mayor

If this is a locked form and the contents of the field are inserted using a
REF field and that REF field is not in a header/footer then simply check the
field property 'calculate on exit' and the REF fields will be automatically
update.

If you need to force and update eg because the REF field is in a header,
then run an update macro on exit from the relevant field - you'll find
suitable code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"GenesisBlade" wrote:

I have created a form, with numerous fields that are set to
autopopulate a grid at the end. The functionality works, but I need
the form to update as it goes, rather than only be triggered when i
print it.

Any trick will do.

I've got as far as adding the 'update fields' icon to the menu bars
at the top (customise menu) and then can select all (ctrl-A) and
press the button and hey presto... but that will be too technical
for my users... can i set a macro to a key, to activate the 'update
fields' option? If so, how?!

Many thanks, in advance

Flip

Hi,
I have added the CDEV toolbar
http://www.cdev.co.uk/utils.htm
It has an icon to update all fields (in headers and footers also). I copied
it from the CDEV toolbar to the Format bar so no need to always keep the
CDEV on screen.
Flip