dk

Default insert spaces

how can we insert a space 5 characters before the word St. Or Ave.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGs=?=,

how can we insert a space 5 characters before the word St. Or Ave.

Position the cursor before St. or Ave. then press the spacebar five
times.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Graham Mayor

I took this to be one space rather five characters in from rather than five
spaces directly in front, in which case a wildcard search for

(?????[ASetv]{2,3}.)
replace with
space\1

where space is one press of the spacebar

will insert a space five characters before St. or Ave.

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

"dk" wrote in message
our question is for 1 space in a whole document 5 characters before
the word St. Or Ave.
"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?ZGs=?=,

how can we insert a space 5 characters before the word St. Or Ave.

Position the cursor before St. or Ave. then press the spacebar five
times.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

No "symbols" line under "Insert" in Microsoft Word 2002 Lee McKnight Microsoft Word Help 6 September 6th 06 04:27 AM
Insert key bbrock Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 01:25 AM
I cannot type two sequential letters or spaces or back spaces? TLThomas Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 08:02 AM
Field code # characters (no spaces) FOR SPECIFIC DOC SECTION Christian Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 04 06:14 PM