Al

Default How do I combine 3 or 4 document templates and preserve header/foo

I have Several Word templates (.dot) that I need to combine into one
printable document. Each template (.dot)has it's own margin settings,
header, and footer with it's own page numbers. I wish to preserve each
templates header, footer, page number and margin settings.

How can I do this?
Daiya Mitchell

See he
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm

Why would you need to combine templates into a printable document, out of
curiosity?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Al

Thanks for your reply Daiya. I will have to digest all the section break
material and apply it.

I am developing an MS Access application that opens and combines MS Word
form documents (template documents) and saves the document to a file for PDF
creation and printing. The form templates are Intro Letters, rate schedules,
and application forms. MS Access fills in the form blanks where needed.
There are 3 schedule options for 1 form, and 5 for another option, so maybe 5
selected templates combine to one document.

In automating this process I am finding that it is resource intensive to
open many documents seperately and combine them later, so it looks like
opening the first document and combining the other documents in seperate
sections will work best.

If you know of a more efficient method I value your knowledge Daiya.

Alan

On 12/6/04 10:17 AM, "Al" wrote:

I have Several Word templates (.dot) that I need to combine into one
printable document. Each template (.dot)has it's own margin settings,
header, and footer with it's own page numbers. I wish to preserve each
templates header, footer, page number and margin settings.

How can I do this?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

I'm not skilled enough to offer advice on your overall project. What struck
me as strange about the question was the idea of combining the templates
themselves, rather than the documents created from them (or using .dot files
instead of .doc files).

For what you are doing, I am not sure that using the .dot rather than the
..doc makes a difference. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.
DM