Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Craig

Default Merge from excel loses formatting

I am running a merge with excel and word 2000, when I merge a field from
excel in the format $300.10 it merges i into word as 300.1

Im pretty new to this so any help appreciated

CR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Craig" wrote in message
I am running a merge with excel and word 2000, when I merge a field from
excel in the format $300.10 it merges i into word as 300.1

Im pretty new to this so any help appreciated

CR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott

Craig, a quick way to fix your ploblem is to format your fields in excel then
save your file as a txt file, delete your table, then inport your txt file
setting all the fields to text fields. The formating will be used in word.