mikem

Default fields do not update from section to section

I have a document with multiple sections that were cut and pasted from other
documents. I've noticed several probllems.
1. When I use the arrow to move from one header/footer to the next it will
not let you go all the way thru the document. It stops at a point and will
not advance to the next section.
2. I have a DOCPROPERTY field in the headers. When I try to update the
field it only updates for a several section headers but not the whole
document even with me using Select All before F9
3. The PAGE field is used in all section footers and the numbering is
continuous from section to section until the last few sections when the
numbering startsover at 1 in each section.

I'd appreciate any ideas you could give me.
mikem
Stefan Blom

1. Sorry, can't answer this one...

2. Have you tried changing to Print Preview (FilePrint Preview) in
order to update the DOCPROPERTY fields?

3. With the cursor in a footer (or header) of a section that doesn't
restart page numbering, click the Format Page Number button. Make sure
"Continue from previous section" is selected, and then click OK.
Repeat this procedure for each affected section.

--
Stefan Blom

"mikem" wrote in message
[...]

Stefan Blom

In my reply to Question 3, of course I meant to say "With the cursor
in a footer (or header) of a section that *restarts* page
numbering..."

--
Stefan Blom