JPR

Default Some word document open in A4 format. I want by default to be in .

Some word document open in A4 format. I want by default to be in letter
format. It is weird, becasue what I see will not be what will be printed.
Thanks.
Jezebel

Documents open in the format in which they were created. If they were
created as A4, they stay that way unless you change them.

If you mean new documents, they take the page setup of their template: open
the template, fix it, save.

"JPR" wrote in message
Some word document open in A4 format. I want by default to be in letter
format. It is weird, becasue what I see will not be what will be printed.
Thanks.

Graham Mayor

The default setting is determined by the regional settings in Windows.
Whether normal.dot is initially configured to use A4 or letter sized paper
will be governed by Windows.

"JPR" wrote in message
Some word document open in A4 format. I want by default to be in
letter format. It is weird, becasue what I see will not be what will
be printed. Thanks.

Javad

Open MS-Word.
Go to: File Page Setup Paper size
And change the paper size into Letter.
Save this document with "dot" format. (Save it as word template). For
example name it "Normal2.dot"

Now you can open this document by clicking on:
Start New Office Document Normal2
You can also delete "Normal.dot" and rename "Normal2.dot" into "Normal.dot",
but you should know how to work with hidden files to be able to do this.

Javad

"JPR" wrote in message
Some word document open in A4 format. I want by default to be in letter
format. It is weird, becasue what I see will not be what will be printed.
Thanks.

This is terrible advice! It would cause JPR to lose all his customizations,
along with built-in AutoText entries. You cannot create Normal.dot; only
Word can do that. In this case, however, it is entirely unnecessary. All you
have to do is change the paper size in Page Setup, click the Default...
button, and answer yes. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm