Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
otilia

Default Copy portion of text form field , the field is in a table cell

Hi, I have a table , the cells have text form fields. I'd like to be able to
copy and paste a portion of the text form field. It works if the text form
fields are not in a table cell.

Thank you
--
otilia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,

I have a table , the cells have text form fields. I'd like to be able to
copy and paste a portion of the text form field. It works if the text form
fields are not in a table cell.

There's nothing you can do about this. This is a structural deficiency in how
Word handles form fields that's been around for more than ten years.

I take you'd only want text, not any formatting? I could imagine using a
macro to pick up the text, display it in a UserForm ("dialog box"), where the
user could then select only the text to be copied. The code behind the
UserForm would then copy the selection to the clipboard.

Would something like that work for you? Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
otilia

Thank you Cindy. I have Office 2002. If I rebuild the form to have the text
form fields not in a table, it would work, is not so pretty. I have buid for
spellcheck a macro, the users have a button for it.
The users of the form don't know if they have to copy or not a portion of
the field when they fill in.
--
otilia

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,

I have a table , the cells have text form fields. I'd like to be able to
copy and paste a portion of the text form field. It works if the text form
fields are not in a table cell.

There's nothing you can do about this. This is a structural deficiency in how
Word handles form fields that's been around for more than ten years.

I take you'd only want text, not any formatting? I could imagine using a
macro to pick up the text, display it in a UserForm ("dialog box"), where the
user could then select only the text to be copied. The code behind the
UserForm would then copy the selection to the clipboard.

Would something like that work for you? Which version of Word?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,

I have Office 2002. If I rebuild the form to have the text
form fields not in a table, it would work, is not so pretty. I have buid for
spellcheck a macro, the users have a button for it.
The users of the form don't know if they have to copy or not a portion of
the field when they fill in.

Hmmm, I'm not sure whether you're asking for more assistance, or if you already
have a workaround for the problem?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
otilia

Thank you Cindy,
The only solution that I found was not to put the text form fields in a
table. The design of the form is not so pretty. I'd like to use the table. I
didn't omitted any set up?
otilia

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,

I have Office 2002. If I rebuild the form to have the text
form fields not in a table, it would work, is not so pretty. I have buid for
spellcheck a macro, the users have a button for it.
The users of the form don't know if they have to copy or not a portion of
the field when they fill in.

Hmmm, I'm not sure whether you're asking for more assistance, or if you already
have a workaround for the problem?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,

The only solution that I found was not to put the text form fields in a
table. The design of the form is not so pretty. I'd like to use the table. I
didn't omitted any set up?

Thank you for the clarification. There's nothing you can do unless you use some
kind of macro to assist the user with the selection and copying.

For example, the user could click or Tab into a form field. If he wants to copy
part of the text, he could click a toolbar button. This would display a form,
with the content of the field in a box. In this box he can then select exactly
what he wants to copy, and copy it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
otilia

Thank you so much Cindy. Was very helpful your email

--
otilia

Hi ?B?b3RpbGlh?=,