Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Iver Erling Årva

Default Store image as part of layout and publish to web site for download

Whenever I try to upload a .dot file to Internet for others to download and
use, the logos etc. disappears. What can I do to correctly upload a Word
template that contains graphics?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you convert a Word document to HTML format, the images are extracted
and saved separately. By default, they are saved in a subfolder with the
name of your document. You must upload this folder along with the document.

If you're uploading a .dot file as a .dot file (not as a Web page), then are
you sure the images are embedded and not linked?

"Iver Erling Årva" wrote in message
Whenever I try to upload a .dot file to Internet for others to download

and
use, the logos etc. disappears. What can I do to correctly upload a Word
template that contains graphics?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Iver Erling Årva

Well, that's exactly what I tried to do. I used a program that simply copies
the pixels of the screen and pasted the graphics into the .dot file rather
than inserting a file to avoid linking. I then uploaded the .dot file to
Intenet and went to another computer and downloaded it. No graphics. When I
open the .dot file from Internet on my own computer however, all is fine. So
the question is how to embed the graphics in the .dot file...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" skrev i melding
When you convert a Word document to HTML format, the images are extracted
and saved separately. By default, they are saved in a subfolder with the
name of your document. You must upload this folder along with the
document.

If you're uploading a .dot file as a .dot file (not as a Web page), then
are
you sure the images are embedded and not linked?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"Iver Erling Årva" wrote in message
Whenever I try to upload a .dot file to Internet for others to download

and
use, the logos etc. disappears. What can I do to correctly upload a Word
template that contains graphics?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you save your screen capture as a file and use Insert | Picture | From
File, the default is to embed it. You have to specify linking if that's what
you want.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.