Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Fly High

Default How do I email a word document so it is received in print layout?

I am using Word 2003 and when I create a document (resume for example) I save
it in the print layout but when I email it (using Outlook)_it seems to want
to send it in the reading layout which makes my resume look like a mess to a
prospecive employer. I am assuming that they are receiveing it that way
because when I attach the word document and then view it before I send it, it
shows up in the reading layout. When I send a resume back to myself as a
test it also shows up in the reading layout. HELP! Please!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is a recipient setting (Tools | Options | General: Allow starting in
Reading Layout) that I'm afraid you can't necessarily do anything about.
According to the Help topic "About reading layout view," it seems to be
automatic for attachments if this option is enabled. Of course, if a
recipient saves an attachment and then opens it, that would not apply, so
you probably should be cautioning recipients against opening Word
attachments directly (some will be prevented by security settings in their
email client, anyway).

"Fly High" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and when I create a document (resume for example) I

save
it in the print layout but when I email it (using Outlook)_it seems to

want
to send it in the reading layout which makes my resume look like a mess

to a
prospecive employer. I am assuming that they are receiveing it that way
because when I attach the word document and then view it before I send it,

it
shows up in the reading layout. When I send a resume back to myself as a
test it also shows up in the reading layout. HELP! Please!!!

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
preview odd number pages on the right and even on the left mikeo Page Layout 6 February 26th 05 12:26 AM