Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marcel_C

Default Does Word show you how many rows are in your table?

I'm working with tables that I did not create myself and they are very large.
All I want to know is what row/column I'm in at any given time and how many
total rows are in the table without having to manually count them.

WordPerfect would always show you exactly what Row/Column you were in in the
status bar. Does WORD have this feature anywhere?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This feature has been requested repeatedly, and the latest word is that Word
developers can't figure out a way to do this dynamically without severely
impacting performance because of the complexity of merged cells, nested
tables, etc. (Of course at one time they said the same thing about a dynamic
word count.) As a next-best solution, you can download the TableCellHelper
macro from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and add
it to your toolbar. When you click on the button to run the macro, Word
returns the current cell address and the total number of rows and columns in
the table.

"Marcel_C" wrote in message
I'm working with tables that I did not create myself and they are very

large.
All I want to know is what row/column I'm in at any given time and how

many
total rows are in the table without having to manually count them.

WordPerfect would always show you exactly what Row/Column you were in in

the
status bar. Does WORD have this feature anywhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marcel_C

Thank you so much for answering my question! That was driving me crazy!

I still think WP is a far superior word processing program, but alas, the
work environment has gone totally Microsoft...

I notice that your Macro is for WORD 2000. I'm using the Word 2003 version.
Will the macro work with 2003 version?

"Marcel_C" wrote in message
I'm working with tables that I did not create myself and they are very

large.
All I want to know is what row/column I'm in at any given time and how

many
total rows are in the table without having to manually count them.

WordPerfect would always show you exactly what Row/Column you were in in

the
status bar. Does WORD have this feature anywhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The article is just old; actually I think the original macro was for Word
97, but I'm still using it in Word 2003.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This feature has been requested repeatedly, and the latest word is that

Word
developers can't figure out a way to do this dynamically without

severely
impacting performance because of the complexity of merged cells, nested
tables, etc. (Of course at one time they said the same thing about a

dynamic
word count.) As a next-best solution, you can download the

TableCellHelper
macro from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and

add
it to your toolbar. When you click on the button to run the macro, Word
returns the current cell address and the total number of rows and

columns in
the table.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.