Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Printing on compliment slips

We have compliment slips 21cm x 9.9 cm. The printer cannot cope with them
going in like an A4 peice of Paper. The only way to print on them is to
treat them like an envelope but this restricts placing etc. A wizard would
be great if anyone could create one please.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Printing on compliment slips

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble printing on your compliment slips. It sounds like the printer is having difficulty handling the size of the slips.

One solution you could try is adjusting the paper size settings in Microsoft Word. Here's how:
  1. Open your document in Word.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab.
  3. Click on "Size" and then select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, enter the dimensions of your compliment slip (21cm x 9.9cm) in the "Width" and "Height" fields.
  5. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Once you've adjusted the paper size settings, you should be able to print your document on the compliment slips. If the printer still has trouble handling the slips, you may need to adjust the printer settings as well.

Another solution you could try is using a different printer that can handle the size of the compliment slips. If that's not an option, you could try printing on a larger sheet of paper and then cutting the paper down to the size of the compliment slips.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is an issue for the printer maufacturer - however set the page layout
to landscape and, if your printer will cope, you can feed the paper narrow
end first. Use the next larger page size and setup the margins to eliminate
the parts of that page that are not actually available on your slips.

E wrote:
We have compliment slips 21cm x 9.9 cm. The printer cannot cope with
them going in like an A4 peice of Paper. The only way to print on
them is to treat them like an envelope but this restricts placing
etc. A wizard would be great if anyone could create one please.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.