Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AnasFriend

Default How do you set styles for table column width in Word?

We have a document that includes many versions of the same table. The table
column widths are various sizes. We would like to create a style -- or
somehow automatically format the table widths.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Table styles do not allow you to specify a width, I'm afraid. You need
a macro if you want to set the column widths automatically for all
existing tables. For a macro to work, there must of course be a
pattern to the changes you want (otherwise it wouldn't be any easier
than doing it manually). For example, should all columns be the same
width? For assistance with a macro solution, you'd better ask in a
programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

For the future creation of tables, AutoText provides a way. Just
format a table in a document the way you want it, and then select it
and create an AutoText entry. That way, you get a common starting
point for tables (same settings, including column widths). See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP