Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ozzie

Default can I retrieve files from Millenium after installing XP How?

I upgraded the Windows operating system from Me to XP. There are word files
that I would like to retrieve from Me if it is possible. Can this be
accomplished? If it can, how can I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Did you use the "quick upgrade" method or the "new installation"
method as described at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ted/intro.mspx
to upgrade to Windows XP?

If you used the quick upgrade method, then your Word program and
data files should still be on your hard drive, and you can access
them the same way you did when you had Windows Me.

If you used the new installation method, then hopefully you
backed up your Word files before installing Windows XP, and
hopefully you know how to restore the files from your backup.
You will also need to reinstall Word.

Ozzie wrote:

I upgraded the Windows operating system from Me to XP. There are word files
that I would like to retrieve from Me if it is possible. Can this be
accomplished? If it can, how can I do it?

How do I open multiple Word 2003 files to display on dual monitors mally Microsoft Word Help 6 July 4th 05 11:00 AM
How do I convert MS Word Office 2000 files to PDF files? alfa Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 05 08:33 AM
Upgrading MS Office caused Word Docs to DISAPPEAR?! Friendship Center New Users 6 January 27th 05 09:56 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
RECOVER Temp FILES from CD-RW Kimla Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 02:59 PM