Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alan Tang

Default Merge with Excel with multiple Record

Hello:

I have the excel format is below.

Hostname, SW
AAA1,MS Word
AAA1,MS Excel
AAA1,MS Visio
BBB1,Acrobat Reader
BBB1,MS Excel
BBB1,MS Word
BBB1,MS Access
BBB1,RealPlayer
CCC1,WinAMP
CCC1,Acrobat

How can I merge with the following result?

Hostname: Hostname Field
Application: Application Name

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alan Tang

Graham Mayor wrote:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

Hello:

I have try before but only one record have display. Does any option
that I have config error?

Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Alan,

I have try before but only one record have display.

You have to be sure that you're creating a Catalog
(Directory) type of merge AND you need to actually EXECUTE
the merge (to a new document). You won't see any kind of
list in the main merge document.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)